Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I just need to be myself! / Sunday Worship 9/14/2014

God doesn't want me to be someone I'm not.
Wait... what?

This simple statement is both true and very wrong at the same time.

On one hand God does want me to be me. He wants me to be the best me that I can possibly be. In fact He wants that so bad he sent his Holy Spirit to help me become the person that He designed me to be.

On the other hand, God wants me to be someone I'm not.  He doesn't intend for me to stay as I am forever.  I'm meant to constantly grow to be like my Father.  If I stay as I am, I may do some good things but I'm not living in the fullness that God has made me for. 
I'm an incomplete puzzle piece and the other pieces that were meant to connect to me just won't fit right.

So next time someone says "I just gotta be me!" you can say, "You're so wrong that you're right."




Denies is leading on Sunday. BE EARLY!

Be a huge blessing to Denies and make leading this Sunday be the most fun and easygoing thing that she has ever done. 
PREPARE! 

Songs For Sunday

Holy Is The Lord
Your Great Name/There's Something About That Name
Nothing But The Blood
Never Once
How Great Is Our God

Altar

Break Every Chain
I Surrender (Kim Walker)


Have a Great Week

No comments:

Post a Comment