Monday, September 22, 2014

Distractions

(Announcer Voice)
Coming to a theatre near you!
They're everywhere...     They Live in your house...   They may even have affected your family...
They are...



DISTRACTIONS!!!  Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuun!

Ok for real. This may seem like a slam dunk thing.
You are probably thinking "Duh, distractions are bad. I already know that."

I don't want to talk about the obvious bad distractions (Facebook, I'm looking at you)

I want to examine the big distractions in life.
Are you focusing on what God has made you for, or are you letting things (even things that are good) steal your focus?

I used to be a very political person.  I would listen to the talkshows, read the blogs, watch the news.   Good or bad, these were all distracting me from loving people and being the person that God made me to be.  My focus was in the wrong place.

Let me ask you.
Does the enemy need to get you to fall in order to get you out of the way?
NO!!!
All he wants is for you to focus on something else for a while.

This is a principle that we need to think about every day.



Songs For Sunday

Best Days
One Thing Remains
Soon
Overcome
Power Of Your Name


Altar
Where You Go I Go
I Will Go

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment