Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tomorrow is the day that the Lord has made...

Think really quick about the last time you procrastinated.
Let's be real, it was probably today.

It's so easy for us to look at the things that need to be done in our lives and think that there will be more time later to do them.

The reality is, there is no later.

When we have the priorities set in our lives there is no time for later, there is only "what is the thing that has my top priority right now?"
That might mean "hey I'm being distracted by a game on my phone or Facebook right now, but it's all good cause I still have 3 hours to get done what I need to"

Or it could mean "I have something that I HAVE to get done today but I'm going to take care of these 4 other things first because they aren't as time consuming"
Some people call these things "time wasters/stealers"

Augustine of Hippo said
 "God has promised forgiveness to your repentance, but He has not promised tomorrow to your procrastination.”

For most of us, procrastination has become so ingrained that we may not even view it as that big of a problem.

We make light of it and joke about it.
When I really think about it though, it's not even humorous.
What is funny about not being people who do the things that need to be done when they need to be done?

And we are hurting our employers, family and ourselves.

So come on peeps (may I call you peeps?)
Let's stop making procrastination a priority in our lives.



Songs For Sunday

Build Your Kingdom Here
Cornerstone
Worthy Is The Lamb
How He Loves
Deliverer


Altar
Healer
Psalm 23 (NCU Version, there's no Youtube Vid for it)

Have a great week and I'll see you on Sunday!
Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment